MonkeyGurlKnits

Gin. Knitting. Monkeys. What more could you ask for?!

15 October 2007

The Weekend

This weekend, I actually got OFF MY DUFF. No, not to attend the monthly meeting of the WeHo Saturday SnB. Puh-leeze. They get up before the crack o' dawn (or at least, before noon) on a SATURDAY. I didn't even get up to register the WeeMonkeyGurrl at her new program. Since I had mistakenly (I KNOW!!! Last time I made a mistake was back in. . . '78? '79??) taken them LAST week, she and the Jman knew perfectly well where to go and what to do. Besides, I would have had to be there at 7:45 AM. AGAIN. Jman was really thrilled b/c he was a baller growing up (football!), so he is uninitiated with the ways of the performing arts crowd, and he was awestruck at what the kids do. Seriously - he actually said, "It was like, Fame or sumpthin." Well, I hope not exactly, because WMG is much too young for many of those hijinx.

Anyhoo, I made it out of the house to go watch a friend perform at Molly Malone's off Fairfax. OH MY GAWD. He ROCKED!!!! Let me just say, several times he's asked me to go to one of his shows, and I was like, "Oh, sure", thinking "how cute, he has a little band, and he wants to be a rock star", and several times I flaked out (I KNOW!!! Can you imagine?!?!?!), but this time it was on a weekend, and I wasn't going to be out of town, so I had no real excuse for not showing up.

Thank the gods. Because, even tho there was some snafu with respect to the rest of the band (and I didn't find out the story until AFTER the performance), he was genuinely amazing. Seriously. The things he did with his mouth and hands. . . well, not many can kick serious arse on the harmonica and guitar AT THE SAME TIME, and I felt a bit guilty for thinking naughty thoughts about a boy half my age.

Plus, it was kinda fun being the "odd" one - I went alone, took out my knitting, had a couple of absolute mandarin with sodas, and really enjoyed myself. I listened to good music, oogled some cute boys, and got my knitting done. I *WISH* I'd had the nerve to behave like this when I was in my 20's. I could have avoided a LOT of problems.

2 Comments:

At 12:08 PM, Blogger dizzy von damn! said...

so what you're saying is you approve of my debaucherous lifestyle?

 
At 11:35 AM, Blogger MonkeyGurrrrrl said...

Uhm, hmmmm... Let me think...

Abso-frickin-lutely?!?!?! Except it takes me longer to recover, due to my advanced age.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home